Certified Internet of Things Specialist (CIoTS) Course
Internet of Things (IoT) is an ecosystem that connects all the physical object together and makes it accessible through the internet. The “things” in IoT could be a LED, temperature sensor with the ability to collect and transfer data over a network without any human intervention. The embedded technology could then be used to interact with the internal or external environment and help in decision making. However, IoT ecosystem is not a piece of common knowledge for most business professionals. How can we leverage on IoT to track and count everything, reduce waste and loss? How we would know when the things need to be replaced and recall?
Participants will gain solid understanding of the end-to-end concepts for IoT. It deals with the various principle, concepts, techniques, and tools used in IoT which comprise various hardware, software, middleware, communication, and IoT platform. This training also provided different types of IoT use cases.
The objective of this course is to equip participants with various key components of IoT including hardware, middleware, and software. Participants will be equipped with an industry-relevant skillset of working with popular hardware (Arduino Uno, Raspberry Pi), send data to IoT platform with various communication protocol, design and build IoT project. In addition, participants will be equipped with the knowledge of interacting with the internal or external environment to help in decision making and thus increase the competitive advantages. Participants will also be equipped with the ability to deal with different IoT challenges.
Participants will be able to analyse real-life applications by implementing electric circuits using an Arduino microcontroller. In addition, participants will acquire Arduino programming skills to interact with the sensor and actuator. They will also be equipped with practical end-to-end IoT skills to build a mini Smart Home project and monitoring using mobile phone.
40 hrs (5 days) inclusive of training and exam
Participants are recommended to have preferably 1 year of experience in software development, business domain or data/business analysis. However, if you do not have any experiences, you can still consider taking up the course and we will advise / assist you accordingly.
Why should you upskill in IoT?
With the emergence of sensors technology and the advances in communication technologies and cloud computing, we are moving towards a new computing paradigm, which will involve trillions of connected devices – IoT, Internet of Things. IoT will transform and it requires rethinking of how we compute today. According to a report by Gartner, IoT will include 26 billion units installed by 2020
- Unit 1: Introduction to IoT
- Unit 2: Overview of IoT
- Unit 3: Components & Elements of IoT
- Unit 4: Architecture of IoT system
- Unit 5: Databases for IoT
- Unit 6: Mobile integration to enable IoT
- Unit 7: Security Aspects of IoT
- Unit 8: Privacy Aspects of IoT
- Unit 9: IoT Applications
- Gain knowledge on the overview concepts and main components of IoT
- Acquire knowledge on how to interpret product datasheet and identify key specifications of the product
- Acquire programming skills (Arduino) for IoT
- Get skilled in writing program to interact with the sensors to accomplish set tasks
- Be intensively familiar with the role of data mining, business analytics and big data technologies in IoT
- Obtain skills to set up Raspberry Pi, run Node-Red interface and send message using Raspberry Pi through MQTT